Back Pygmy Outreach
The availability of timber has attracted both government and foreign corporations to the Baka or Pygmy region of West-central Africa. Unfortunately, the Baka Pygmies (a nomadic and gathering tribe) are caught between development and destruction. Their way of life has been vastly affected and threatened by timber exploiters, interested only in their own gain, who come in the guise of promoting development. However, when “development” comes… both forest and people are exploited, because when the timber is gone, so are the temporary jobs created by logging companies. And little or nothing has been done to provide basic infrastructure or services.
Bread For Life International continues to minister to this people group. We are ministering in multiple villages. So far we assisted in building a primary school (1st to 6th grade) with more than 100 students; A church has been planted; we are also planning on building 7th to 12 grade in another piece of land BFL has acquired.
Using this land as a base, we intend to reach out to this tribe and region with the transforming message of Christ, combining evangelism with social action.
• Bring the Gospel of Christ to this unreached people group:
• Bring sound Bible based teaching and training
• Elevate their standard of living without bringing a false standard
• Provide elementary health facilities to the tribe by building a health care unit and carrying out health education among the people
• Build and operate a primary school where children can learn to read and write
• Provide at little cost clothing, farming tools, and other living facilities needed to improve their standards of living.
• Carry out evangelistic activities, followed by spiritual edification of those who would believe.
• Create job opportunities for the Pygmies, thereby introducing them to the industrial world.
• Create a mission station for missionaries and Bible school students on exchange programs.
• Building a Guest House (Mission Station for teams), half completed
• Working on building 7th to 12 grade school in a land BFL has purchased. Not started.
• Working on getting land title for land BFL bought to use for 7th to 12 grade school
• Bringing water to the community (bore hole)
• Water for the community
• A functional clinic
• Teachers & Interns for 1st to 6th grade classes
• Textbooks, exercise books and other learning materials
• Landscape Developers
“… and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.” — Isa 58:10-12